Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Readers Wifes Fan Club

Friday night my fellow American, Rachel, and I celebrated our very own Fakesgiving. There were no more turkeys when I went to the store so I got a chicken and dubbed it “Chicurkey.” We had mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, stuffing and rolls. For dessert we had my homemade pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, delish brownies from midnite cookies with vanilla ice cream.

After our meal we met up with a few of my fellow MA’s at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern for Duckie’s Readers Wifes Fan Club. So. Much. Fun.

It's really hard to explain what the Readers Wifes Fan Club show is all about. It's a compilation of obscure (well obscure to me anyways) pop culture stuff from what looked like predominately the 80's. There was singing and dancing; a lot of hilarious lip-syncing; amazing hula-hoop tricks; and some drag. There's really nothing much to say other than I had a great time.

After the show we danced the night away and then stumbled to the bus stop in the freezing cold. It's times like that where I miss my car. And LA weather. But thankfully, I managed to get us home. Barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment